You’ve discovered mold in your Clemmons home now what?
While packing away your Christmas decorations you discover mold has begun growing in your basement. What do you do? Many people would be tempted just to clean the area with bleach and move on but is that the right answer? Mold is a naturally occurring fungus in our environment, but the problems begin when mold begins to grow in our home or business. That is because there is usually an underlying problem that caused the mold to form such as a water leak. Stopping the source of moisture is the first step and the most critical in mold remediation along with deep cleaning and microbial. Bleach will only kill the surface mold not the underlying spores in the affected material and since bleach is mostly water it can actually feed the mold growth. That is why it is so important to have an expert come out and assess your damage. The experts at SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville are highly trained in detected mold, finding the source and removing the hazard. With our no-cost assessment our team will come to your home and discuss what they have found and create a custom plan of action to get your home back to preloss conditions. If you or someone you love suspect you have a mold problem give SERVPRO a call today; 336-224-2565.