Flash Flood Warning: What Does That Mean For Your Clemmons Home Or Business?
Your phone or TV blares to life with an emergency alert: Flash Flood Warning In Your Location. What does that Mean? Do I need to worry since I am not near a river or stream? The truth of the matter is that you don’t need to live near a water source affected by flash flooding. Due to urban sprawl, flooding can happen anywhere. When you add the torrential downpours associated with flash flooding, anyone can experience flooding regardless of their proximity to a water source.
What Do I Do?
- If possible, make sure your gutters ad downspouts are debris free
- Immediately move to higher ground o rapidly rising water is seen or heard
- If outside, do no tempt to cross swiftly moving water
- Move essential documents/items to higher ground
- Bring outside furniture inside
If your home or business is affected by flooding, call the experts of SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville at (336) 224-2565. Our IICRC trained technicians are on call 34/7 to help protect your property and return it to preloss conditions. If you would like to learn more, give us a call today!