What Does an Emergency Restoration Company Actually Do?
You’ve noticed your dishwasher has leaked, and you have standing water in your kitchen. What do you do? You pick up the phone and call your insurance agent, and they tell you to call SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville to start the drying process. But what does that even mean, and why should I trust SERVPRO? The second part of the question is easy to answer. SERVPRO is the #1 helping customers with residential water damage in their homes. This is why we are trusted by hundreds of hundreds of insurance providers throughout the US and Canada. As for what do restoration companies do. Simply put, SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville understands no two water losses are exactly the same, and our highly trained experts approach each with a critical eye and attention to detail regardless of the size of the loss.
So, what do we do first?
- When you call us, one of the first questions asked is if you have standing water or does your carpet squish when you walk on it. That’s because standing water can cause secondary damage such as mold if not removed too quickly. It is also possible to save flooring if extraction is started quickly, saving you time and money.
- Removal and Disposal of unsalvageable items. Once any standing water is removed, our technicians will begin removing materials that cannot be restored or are damaged beyond repair, such as carpet padding. These things can impede the drying process.
- The next step is drying. We use industrial-grade dehumidifiers and air movers to help dry your home. Depending on the size of the loss and the amount of water absorbed, this should take an average3-5 days.
- The third step is mold prevention. Once the structure is dry, we will apply antimicrobials to the affected area to help prevent any future mold growth from happening.
- Finally, our team will begin the reconstruction of your property back to preloss conditions. If o reconstruction is required, will replace all your possessions, and do a final walk-thru with the homeowner to answer any questions they may have.
If you have had a water loss and need assistance, give our experts a call at 336-224-2565. We offer 24-hour emergency services, and remember, at SERVPRO, we’re here to help.