If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (336) 224-2565

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Get The Facts About Mold In Your Wallburg Home

6/15/2017 (Permalink)

mold on ceiling in basement Water from an upstairs leak caused mold on the ceiling of this basement.

Mold is part of the natural environment. Outdoors, mold plays a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided because the organic material the mold is breaking down is your home and possessions. It can grow in many areas of a home especially in areas of the home that have or have previously had a moisture issue.

Mold spores travel very easily through the air and can also travel on people and pets. Coming in contact with mold in one location and then traveling to another can cause spores that hitched a ride to dislodge in the new area. People who may have never had mold problems at home before can find that mold quickly takes root if mold spores have been accidentally brought into a home. The only thing mold needs to survive is moisture, poorly ventilated air and warmth.

Mold's versatility to live in a variety of areas and feed on just about anything make it a formidable foe. But there are natural ways to tackle it.

  • Mold thrives in moist conditions, so removing the source of moisture is the primary way to control mold growth.
  • Invest in a dehumidifier if your home is plagued by moisture. Dehumidifiers are especially useful in basements and crawlspaces where moisture tends to be a problem.
  • It's also good to avoid using bleach to address a mold problem. Although bleach is an excellent disinfectant, it is not always successful in killing mold spores. The most it may do is whiten areas where the mold is growing. Plus, bleach has its own strong aroma and can be noxious to breathe in at high doses. Instead of bleach, consider all-natural methods of controlling mold. 

Before attempting to remove the mold in your Wallburg home contact a professional to make sure it is safe and to help prevent contaminating your whole home. At SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville we offer free assessments to see if you actually have mold and how severe it is. 

To schedule your free assessment, give us a call today at (336) 224-2565.  At SERVPRO we’re here to help.

Other News

View Recent Posts