If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (336) 224-2565

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What is that Smell?

4/17/2018 (Permalink)

A couple of days ago you noticed a little water in your basement.  You cleaned up the water and went on with your day.  But now you walk into your basement and are hit with a musty smell and you wonder where is that smell coming from?  Did you know one of the easiest ways to determine if a home or business has a mold problem is by smell?   The odors released by a microbial contamination problem is a musty or earthy smell.  And mold growth can happen in as little as 48 hours after water damage has occurred. 

If you are experiencing a musty smell in your home or business it could be a sign of undetected water damage causing mold to growth.  If you think your home or business might have an issue with mold contact the experts at SERVPRO of Lexington / Thomasville.  Our certified mold experts will come to your home or businesses and we will examine your structure for any visible signs of mold.  And in the event mold is found techs are ready to clean the affected area and get your home or business back to preloss conditions.

We care about your home, health and safety so let the experts at SERVPRO assist you in make your home or business loss “Like it never even happened.”

Other News

View Recent Posts