Photo Gallery

Overflow Toilet Cause Damage at Thomasville Hotel

Overflow Toilet Cause Damage at Thomasville Hotel

An early morning overflowing toilet caused major damage at a local hotel in Thomasville.  A toilet on the third floor caused massive damage on three floors of a local hotel. The front desk manager called us and we were on-site within two hours to begin the drying process and could not believe how quickly we were on site to begin work.  The front desk manager was thrilled because with our response time and of the relationship our businesses had built.  She said  "I knew when I saw all the damage that I had to call Betty and her crew.  I knew they would take care of me because she promised if we ever ran across a problem she could not handle SERVPRO of Lexington / Thomasville would be there to make  the damage "Like it never even happened." and she was right.  I could not be more thrilled with their response."  

Fire Damages A Welcome Restaurant

Fire Damages A Welcome Restaurant

When you are a small business owner any setback can be catastrophic for your bottom line.  In this case holiday lights left unattended caused serious fire and smoke damage that not only affected the restaurant but disrupted the entire shopping complex and property owner.  While the fire itself was relatively small the smoke and water damage was extensive as you can see in this photo.  Fortunately the owners knew to call the professionals at SERVPRO of Lexington / Thomasville. This event happened during a winter event in the area and our crew was on site as with hours of the first initial call.

Mold Can Affect Furniture As Well

Mold Can Affect Furniture As Well

In the past few years mold has made headlines frequently.  They are many misconceptions about mold and your health.  The fact is there are mold spores all around us everyday; which is not a bad thing.  Mold becomes an issue when it colonizes and starts affecting your health and property.  Those with a compromised immune system as well as the very young and old are more susceptible to mold.  Without proper remediation mold can grow rapidly causing serious damage to your home and contents. This photo is an example of what can happen when mold colonizes in a home basement after a water loss.

Warehouse Experiences Mold

Warehouse Experiences Mold

A local furniture manufacture experienced an issue of mold on their most recent shipment of furniture.  The management knew just who to call: SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville. We were on site the same day. The picture shows our assembly line of furniture and technicians working tirelessly to clean the furniture and get it shipped out to their waiting customers.  It took our crew only two days to complete the entire shipment of furniture.  The customer was ecstatic and did not experience any complaints due to late deliveries.  We make disasters of all kinds and sizes "Like it never even happened."

Storm Damage in Denton

Storm Damage in Denton

Few things grab our attention like a late spring-summer thunderstorm. Steamy temperatures and turbulent atmospheric conditions often conspire to produce amazing visual pyrotechnics and house-shaking booms. They can also produce damaging winds, hail and tree damage and this is what happened to this home in Denton.  After an unusually wet spring season many of the trees root systems were weakened as in the case of this  tree.  After an afternoon thunderstorm rolled into the area the wind knocked a tree on the roof of this home.  Fortunately no one was injured and we were able to repair the damaged roof and the owner's home back to preloss condition

Sewer System Backup In Wintson-Salem Business

Sewer System Backup In Wintson-Salem Business

After the region experienced higher than normal about of rainfall over several weeks.  Many of the area's businesses began to experience problems from flooding and mold to downed trees and sewer backups.  This particular property experienced a sewer back up after the city's water treatment facility could no longer handle the volume of water being pumped in daily.  Several inches of water were in the building especially in the kitchen area.  Our crew was on site same day and was able to remove the contaminated water, dry out the property and sanitize the area all while the companies' doors were only closed one day. The company was thrilled with our results

Continuing Education

Continuing Education

The definition of continuing Education is a program of classes for adults offered as for updating knowledge and skills in some professional field. As a leader in the fire and water restoration industry we take pride in our work as well as the ability to offer continuing education courses to help other professionals again understanding, knowledge and credits they may need in their chosen profession.  Each of our courses are specifically designed to help educate the business community on the value of mitigation.  This particular class was taught by our owner, Craig Harmon, and it was on Ethics in the Restoration Industry.

Saving Hardwoods in Arcadia

Saving Hardwoods in Arcadia

Did you know just because you have experienced some water damage that doesn't necessarily mean you will loose your hardwood floors?  If the floor has not started to cup which is when excessive moisture on the underside causes expansion and raised edges of the board there is a change we can save it.  This home in Arcadia we used our mat drying system to save the floor. Mat drying is the process in which the machine pulls moisture right through the surface of the floor.  Restoring versus replacing saves you not only time but money and gets you back to preloss conditions sooner

Thomasville Nursing Home Gets Wet

Thomasville Nursing Home Gets Wet

The sprinkler system activated without cause and drenched the corridor of this nursing home in Thomasville. We quickly arrived and suctioned up the standing water, disconnected the vinyl floor molding to expedite drying, and set up drying devices to restore an acceptable moisture level in this facility rapidly.

Thomasville Microwave Fire

Thomasville Microwave Fire

The malfunctioning microwave in this Thomasville kitchen spewed oily soot from the meat onto the ceiling, walls, and appliances. Our SERVPRO Fire & Smoke Technician used sponges and detergents to clean up most of the residue. The ceiling, because it was a rough popcorn type, needed a repainting.

Mold Growth in a Bellevue Crawl Space

Mold Growth in a Bellevue Crawl Space

This photo depicts mold growth in a crawl space, the result of excess moisture. We fogged an antimicrobial agent to exterminate these fungi and set up an encapsulation service to reduce ambient moisture and humidity in this enclosed space.

Leaky Line in an Attic Leads to Water Damage

Leaky Line in an Attic Leads to Water Damage

The slow leak from the water line eventually was too much weight for the drywall ceiling to bear. We were called in to stop the leak, remove the damaged panels, dry out the trusses and spray an antimicrobial product. We left the house dry and ready for a new ceiling.